FAQ and spray tanning advice
How do I prepare for a spray tan?
- Exfoliate and moisturise the evening before. When exfoliating, pay particular attention to dry areas like elbows, knees and ankles.
- Don’t moisturise on the day of your spray tan as this will act as a barrier.
- Get waxed 48 hours before or shave 24 hours before.
- If you need to shower, do it at least one hour before.
- Don’t wear make up, perfume, deodorant or jewellery.
- Wear dark, loose clothing. The solution washes out of most clothing but may stain some nylon and silk.
How long will the tanning results last?
- Depending on skin type and aftercare, your spray tan will last up to 14 days.
How often can I have a spray tan?
- As often as you like. If you would like to go darker after your initial spray tan, you can have a top up after 1-3 days.
Spray tanning aftercare
- After you’ve been tanned, don’t shower or take excessive exercise for at least 6 hours.
- Shaving has a similar effect to exfoliating so avoid it if you can.
- Lightly exfoliate any areas of dry skin as the tan fades to ensure it fades evenly.
- Avoid soaking in the bath and swimming in chlorinated pools as this may strip your tan.
- Moisturise every day.